Wednesday, October 9, 2013

making progress on the albums

its been a bit of time since i have written - so for the few of you curious - Traun is steadily being assembled. about 5 months ago i finally committed to recording the audio of my midi compositions. I purchased some great virtual instruments and set up a small recording situation for easy instrument tracking. there are about 50 tracks spread out into 4 albums - synced with the story. if you have not seen them already - the album art is actually finished. i decided to work with Colby Bluth early on the albums because the timing seemed right for him, and it helped solidify the albums and their particular arrangement. if i can continue to fit in 10 to 20 hrs a week, i'm looking at recording drums and mixing next summer. thanks for listening
DM

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad to hear this project didn't die.

I just read this from an interview of yours in 2007:
"My music time is now spent 100% on what I want to do and produce. Basically I don't rely on music for money at all. That gives me a balanced approach to life, as well as makes my music stress free and unhindered by the market."

Nice. Keep it up!

Dudley

Anonymous said...

I'm going to avoid posting sycophantic, hyperbolic B.S. and keep it simple: I am greatly anticipating this album.

Greetings from Ohio.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to it!

Anonymous said...

Man, we do really wait for it here in Russia. Keep it up!

P.S. Think about reissuing of Lilac Moon. A new (unused) cd at amazon.com is about $175! Or just make a "donate" button at your website in case we make any help with the album.

Anonymous said...

Dave! Can't wait for the new albums. Your post-Esphere work is the best post-Esphere work. Not that you're competing with your ex bandees.

I agree with the other commenter about a donate button!

Also, I saw a random interview you did on a forum where someone asked you which experimental/genre-bending etc. bands excite you, and you were like "uh, SC3, is there anyone else?" I got a kick out of that bc it's fucking true sadly.

I consider Traun on that shortlist though! At least in terms of interestingness, commitment, and integrity.

Best,

A fan

Dave Murray said...

thanks for the comments guys... i had some things come up and was not able to work on the album - but will get back into it soon. the order and overall album balance is coming out nicely.

Toto said...

Any news?

Dave Murray said...

Toto/all

i just updated the blog with latest update. hoping to be done with my parts in 4 or 5 months then record other musicians and then mix.